Clear Legal Assistance With Estate-Related Issues
At Kennel Zeigler LLC, we assist families in Dayton and throughout the surrounding areas of Ohio with estate law and probate matters. Our lawyers are well-equipped to help you with:
- Wills – If you pass away without a valid will in place, you are leaving the distribution of your estate up to the government. Take action and make your own wishes known by creating a will.
- Trusts – A trust can often be a useful tool for reducing estate taxes and avoiding the probate process. Essentially, a trust transfers assets to a third party who holds them for the eventual beneficiaries.
- Durable powers of attorney – These documents give the person of your choice the ability to make decisions and conduct business on your behalf. A power of attorney for health care specifically designates someone to make medical decisions for you, should you become incapacitated.
- Living wills – Officially called “advance health care directives,” these documents let you put your end-of-life wishes in writing. If you want to be kept alive on a ventilator, for instance, you can specify this and save your loved ones from uncertainty.
- Transfer on death (TOD) designation affidavits – This can allow real estate to immediately pass to the person or persons you choose, without having to go through probate.
- Quitclaim deeds – This type of deed can be used to transfer your interest in real property (such as your house) to someone else.
- Probate and estate administration – After a loved one’s death, the last thing you need is to navigate the probate or estate administration process on your own. Let us guide you through each step, from understanding the responsibilities of the executor to distributing assets to the appropriate heirs.
Talk With Us One-On-One About Your Estate-Related Needs
We invite you to contact Kennel Zeigler LLC to set up a free initial consultation about your estate planning or probate concerns. Call our Dayton office at 937-576-9991 or email our attorneys today. We are here to help you and your family successfully navigate the legal system and develop a secure foundation for the future.